This blog post should have been put up a couple of days ago however somehow it was deleted. I’m currently sunning myself in the Canary islands, relaxing by the pool,seeing the sights and exploring the nightlife. My holiday makeup bag isn’t so different from my normal makeup bag because I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup . In my normal makeup bag I usually have the bigger sizes items of some products and a few extra products thrown in. Again like my July favourites I am not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned. All the items mentioned have either been a gift from a family member ,bought on offer or with a voucher.
My makeup bag itself is a lovely rectangular shape with a black lining. The front is pink and has the benefit head on with the slogan “laughter is the best cosmetic”
On holiday I like to go light on my face , I have acne and the sun tends to clear it up so I have less of a need for foundation. Now that’s not to say I am dependent on makeup ,I use it to enhance my features rather than hide them; the thing with acne is it tends to devalue your self worth. I’ve decided that label can Fuck right off. I don’t have perfect skin ,I know but neither do the airbrushed models which we are so manipulated to believe. Makeup for me is about expression and it has taken me a while to build up my self confidence but now it is at a point where No one can knock it down.
- The first product I use on holiday is the Benefit cosmetics porefessional mini which I got in a makeup set a long with my makeup bag. I like the silky feel to the product and it mattifys my skin after layers and layers of suncream. However I wouldn’t buy the fullsize product because Primers all do the same thing and there will be a drugstore alternative that will do the exact same.
- Next up is the Rimmel instaglam colour correct palette. I bought this on a 3 for 2 offer. The palette has three shades a pinky orangey colour for undereye bags, green for redness and purple for dullness. I never bothered with these palettes as I find them too complicated to use, but this palette is very simple with the uses stated on the packaging. It also comes with a handy mirror. I don’t think the coverage is that good but for the price it’s not too bad.
- Thirdly is the Bareminerals Bareskin complete coverage serum concealer. I find this to be very high coverage and brightening for my skin. I sometimes just wear this on its own sometime as it looks natural and the coverage is amazing. However I find the concealer very watery and I would probably not buy this again as I got this on a voucher and couldn’t justify £22.
- Next is the Bareminerals Complexion rescue in the shade Vanilla. The coverage is very lightweight and perfect for holiday but can also build to a medium coverage. It also contains factor 30 which is brilliant.
- Finally on the base is the Bourjois Por de java powder. I love ,love ,love this powder it feels very luxurious.The packaging is amazing too and looks vintage. The smell may be a problem for some people but I love it, it reminds me of talcum powder.
My eyebrows are the absolute bain of my life as they are very sparse and I’m quite heavy handed sometimes.
- First up I apply the Soap and Glory Brow archery in the colour brownie. This product is the perfect colour for my eyebrows and very easy to apply. The product itself is quite petite easily fitting into my makeup bag. However the gold writing has rubbed off the brush making it very difficult to find. Also the product is quite flimsy as the brush has fallen off the end ,however I would buy this product again.
- My final brow product is the Rimmel Brow this way in the colour dark brown. I bought this product on a 3 for 2 offer however I got it confused with the maybellibe brow drama which I absolutely love. I think the consistency of the Rimmel product is too thick for me and the gel comes out quite clumpy. I also find the colour too light for my brows which Is a shame.
I love to make my eyes stand out as that’s where people generally tend to look first. As I have problems skin I feel my eyes are very important.
- First up is the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette. As I’ve said in my favourites I think this product is amazing ,simple to use and can be used both day or night. The colours are highly pigmented and make my eyes stand out beautifully.
I use two mascaras to make my eyes pop even more.
- First up is the Benefit cosmetics They’re real mascara mini. This is a cult favorite. I do like this mascara, it makes my lashes look lovely and long.
- Second is the Clinique High Impact mascara. I bought this unopened from a carboot sale for 20p. This mascara is amazing I like it more than the benefit cosmetics. It is very lengthening and not as clumpy as the benefit cosmetics mascara.
So to finish my look I will use a bronzer and highlighter to define my face and give me more colour.
I have two bronzers one which I bought on holiday .
- First up is the Hoola Bronzer by benefit cosmetics which I have mentioned in my last monthly favourites.
- Second is the Kiko cosmetics baked bronzer in Terra cota from the mini divas collection. I’m very impressed with this bronze the colour is perfect for my skintone and it blends beautifully.
- To highlight my skin I use Benefit cosmetics high beam. I received this in a gift set. I do like the highlighter as it gives a nice brightness to my skin and is amazing for my undereye bags. However I think the tone is too pink for my skin and there are other alternatives on the market which are cheaper.